Sr. Engineer / Engineer – Documentation
Department : Documentation
Qualification : B.E / M.C.A, Computer Engineering, E.C. from reputed academic institution
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for the performance, integrity, back up and security of a database that also includes planning, development and troubleshooting. The database approach incorporates consistency, clearly defined user access data concurrently, suitable to need and provisions for data security and recovery control.
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users;
- Mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database in outline;
- Considering both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users;
- Refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model;
- Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements;
- Installing and testing new versions of the DBMS;
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act;
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata);
- Controlling access permissions and privileges;
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans;
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly; capacity planning;
- Working closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers;
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customising existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
TECHNICAL / FUNCTIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Excellent query development using PL-SQL skills, ability to create database schemes in My SQL and Oracle. Knowledge of distributed database designing and data analysis using No SQL. Excellent understanding of Linux and internals.
SOFT SKILLS REQUIRED:
Good Communication skills and analytical skills. Problem solving and decision making skills Technical industry and ability to work independently as well team oriented.