Department : Engineering
Qualification : High School Graduate or equivalent combination of education/experience
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for designing products using computer-aided design software applications such as AutoCAD, Pro/ENGINEER, and SolidWorks. Designs products, creates and tests prototypes, and oversees other drafters.
Procurement and maintenance of Furniture and Appliances:
- Perform engineering work related to configuring, deploying, maintaining and upgrading CAD models.
- Design, develop and engineer high quality models using 3D and 2D CAD tools.
- Code and test software.
- Create detailed design documentation.
- Estimate time and costs required to complete project.
- Define, create and maintain development methodologies, procedures and standards.
- Design floor plans, elevations, and realistic renderings with the help of software.
- Aid in the selection of materials for the products.
- Produce designs that meet targets for feasibility, performance, costs, quality, safety, legislation and timing.
- Interact with architect and client, as necessary to obtain critical design information necessary to complete project within intended time frame.
- Update and maintain product design files.
- Assist in improving daily processes to ensure that the CAD systems meet customer requirements.
- Train and guide Production Engineers on engineered design.
- Determine limitations, assumptions and solutions in the design and development of CAD models.
- Assist in implementation of CAD engineering applications.
- Determine design specifications and parameters for CAD models.
- Maintain notes, design calculations and other documentation (like drawings, bill of materials, list of design parameters, and /performance guarantees) for future reference.
TECHNICAL / FUNCTIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Proficient in AutoCAD, Skilled in PC usage, Able to generate layout drawings from sketches and specifications, Knowledgeable of standard drafting practices and procedures
SOFT SKILLS REQUIRED:
Excellent communications skills: interpersonal, listening, oral, and written, Able to work with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time