Provident Fund For Employers
Online being preferred today: Forms to be filed: Proforma for Coverage and Form 5A
Details to be provided during registration:
- Name, Address of company, Head office, Branch details
- Mention date of incorporation/Registration of company
- Fill up details of employees – Total employee strength
- Activity the business/enterprise (manufacturing, production, service, etc.)
- Legal details – private firm/public company, partnership or society, etc.
- Owner details, including designation and address of Directors and partners
- Particulars related to wage component of employees per month
- Details of bank with whom company has banking relationship, PAN details
- Basic details of employee (name, date of joining, salary, etc.)
- Visit EPFO Portal – https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php & click Establishment Registration
- Download the Manual (Read carefully) ∙ Select the Sign Up Button/ Can login with UAN and password
- Fill up the details to create the account ∙ After completion, click on the Registration for EPFO-ESIC Option
- Next page would give you option to Apply for New registration under ESIC Act and EPF Act ∙ It will lead you to a page asking for employer details
- Fill up the details
- Summary of registration form can be viewed after filling and submitting the details
- Again click on submit after viewing the summary
- It will lead you to Employer’s Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) registration
- After completing of DSC Registration, you would receive an email that your registration has completed.
- Copy of partnership deed if company is registered partnership firm
- Copy of Certificate of incorporation for a Public or Private Limited Company issued by the Registrar of Companies
- Copy of their registration certificate ∙ Public and Private Limited Companies – submit copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Copy of the rules and objects of the society
- All legal documents required under the Income Tax Act
- PAN details of company, Partition deed ∙ Proof of incorporation – first sales invoice/ license issued by competent authorities ∙ Salary details & PF statement of employees ∙ Balance sheet details
- Number of employees that have worked for the organisation for the month
- If, organisation has registered for GST, certificate must be submitted
- First sale bill, Cross cancelled cheque ∙ Bank details such as name, branch, IFSC code, and address of the bank
- Machinery & raw material purchased for 1st time
- Once establishment is registered in the EPFO portal, it updates the KYC documentation of its employees by generating a Universal Account Number (UAN).
- Every employee can use their UAN number to claim PF fund, transfer of PF fund online to the bank account, etc. The only necessary step that an employee has to follow is activate UAN through the following procedure:
- Visit online for UAN activation on https://unifiedportalmem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ – Complete details such as UAN, Member Id, Aadhar Number, PAN number etc.
- After that, mention details such as name, address, contact details and complete the form by filling captcha
- After completing these details, employee will receive OTP on his mobile number registered with UAN.
- Employee shall check the box “I Agree” and validate the OTP for activating UAN.
- Monthly return is filed online through the establishment login by uploading the Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) sheet.
- Return is filed online with the 15th of succeeding month
- ECR sheet can be downloaded through EPFO in sheet that contains name & UAN of every employee registered with the establishment during month for which return is filed.
- Sheet shall be converted into a Comma-dilemma file for uploading the same for return filing. ∙ Complete the return filing by contributing online payment gateways.
|Form 5A||Enrolment form for new employees for starting of EPS and EPF|
|Form 10||Form for update of employee leaving the organization|
|Form 3A||Monthly contributions given by the employee and employer for pension fund and EPF|
|Form 6A||Form for annual contribution statement|
|Form 12A||This form is for concession of paying Income Tax on surplus income for non-profitable trusts|
|Form 2||Form for Declaration and nomination form for EPF and EPS|
|Form 5(IF)||Form for claim of Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance (EDLI) scheme|
|Form 10D||Form for claiming monthly pension after retirement|
|Form 11||Form for Automatic transfer of EPF|
|Form 13||Form for transfer of old EPF account to new|
|Form 14||Form for buy new LIC policy|
|Form 15G||Form for save TDS on the interest income on EPF|
|Form 19||Form for final settlement of employee’s provident fund|
|Form 20||Form for final settlement of EPF in case of death of employee|
|Form 31||Form for withdrawal of EPF|
Expenditure of the money
|Employer (Total 13.61%)||Employee (Total 12%)|
|Employees’ Pension Scheme||8.33% of Basic wages, Dearness Allowance and Retaining allowance (REF 1)|
|Employees’ Provident fund||3.67% and 1.10% - Administrative accounts (REF 5)||12% (REF 1)|
|Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme||0.5% of aggregate of Basic, DA & Retaining allowance(if any) (REF 1) 0.1% - Administration charge towards EDLI (REF 2 & 5)|
|2||False statement/representation||1 year imprisonment/ Fine Rs. 5000/ Both|
|3||Contravenes/ Default with provisions of Section 6||imprisonment (may extend to 3 years)|
|Default in employees’ contribution payment||imprisonment shall not be > 1 year and fine of Rs. 10,000|
|Default in payment of contribution||Central PF Commissioner may recover it as penalty|
|Default in payment of contribution due to being a sick company||may reduce/waive damages levied|
|Any other Case||imprisonment shall not > 6 months and fine of Rs. 5000|
|4||Contravenes/Default with provisions of Section 6C||imprisonment not > 6 months (may extend to 1 year) and fine (may extend to Rs. 5000)|
|5||Commits same offence again||imprisonment not > 2 years (may extend to 5 years) and fine of Rs. 25,000|